Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My morning workout

(Post from Saturday 9/1/12)

So at first I was concerned about not having opportunities to exercise while here in Africa.  But not to fear!  After hand washing 10 days' worth of laundry, I got quite the work out.  Not only do you get exercise wringing the water out of the clothes, but since rain can come so quickly here, I may also be doing sprints to pull my clothes off the line before they are soaked in a torrential downpour.

I must say though, I think this was the one lack of convenience that I feared the most about coming here, but it was not so bad. But ask me again 6 months from now and I may be singing a different tune. I will definitely have to figure out a more ergonomically appropriate set up for future washing, since this one was not so kind on my back...



At this rate, I'll at least have strong hand, arm and back muscles when I return! 

No comments:

Post a Comment