Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Preparations & Parting

After lots of encouragement, I decided to start this blog to chronicle the next year of my life while in Uganda and Kenya for a volunteer fellowship.

This first post will be short and sweet to get the blog going and get the address link out to everyone.

I thought it best to start with a very big THANK YOU to all of my friends and family for their support, love and encouragement as I prepare to depart. I know some of the support is a bit reluctant because you care and worry about me, but I so appreciate it, and everything you have done, and continue to do for me. 

I also want to express my sincerest thanks to all of my friends and colleagues at SCE for wishing me well in this adventure and providing a warm and generous send off!  Loved this beautiful cake with farewell, good luck and well wishes in many languages!


I look forward to staying in touch with everyone and please also feel free to reach out to me via skype or email too!

Love,
Kim

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you did it. Hopefully you can find time to update this from time to time.

    Make sure you add in a button that allows people (like me) to subscribe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kvon! I added some subscribe buttons. Let me know if it works! :)

      Delete
  2. Agreed with kvon on the subscribe function!!! Should be an RSS feed option of some kind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of your conviction and courage. Have a safe and wonderful trip Kim.

    ReplyDelete